OFFICIAL RULES FOR THE SHIRLEY’S WAY JOKERS WILD DRAWING
Shirley’s Way is a non-profit 501c3 90-1024077 Gaming License # ORG0002527 PRIZE MUST be Claimed within 30 days after the day the winning ticket is pulled. Unclaimed prizes from Jokers Wild will be donated back to Shirley’s Way
The drawing is held every Wednesday at the Shirley’s Way office – 10966 Dixie Highway and will be streamed for viewing via YouTube/Facebook at 6 p.m.
Visit the Shirley’s Way Official YouTube page to watch all of our raffles live
WHAT IS THE JOKERS WILD?
- A game board containing 157 cards (3 decks with 1 Joker, placed face down, numbered and sealed) purchased from a certified gaming vendor and the cards remaining and flipped will be displayed online at www.JokersWildLIVE.org
- The Jokers Wild drawing will occur every Wednesday evening at 6:00 pm (online ticket sales will end at 5 pm. One ticket will be drawn every week starting on May 13th, 2020 at Shirley’s Way office 10966 Dixie Highway, Louisville KY 40272. Once the pot grows to $150,000 we will start drawing 2 tickets every Wednesday. We will cut the card from the board on the first ticket drawn, if it’s a Queen of Hearts the ticket holder will get $1,000, the board will end and we will NOT draw the second ticket that evening. If the card is NOT the Joker then we will draw a second ticket and cut that card from the board. All drawings will be streamed to our Shirley’s Way YouTube channel at www.YouTube.com/c/ShirleysWay
- Shirley’s Way will fund the initial pot with a Jackpot of $20,000.00 and the winning ticket will get half the total pot. Tickets are $2 each with no limit on the number of tickets that can be purchased. All tickets will be sold online via www.JokersWildLIVE.com. The person who picks the card with the Joker underneath will win half the pot #HALFthePOT.
HOW DO YOU PLAY?
- The card number selected by using calculator.net will be flipped. If the card flipped is the Joker, the WINNER will receive fifty (50%) of the jackpot. The remaining portion of the funds will go to Shirley’s Way to fund its charitable mission. If a Queen of Hearts is flipped the ticket holder will win $1,000 and the game will end. The remaining pot total will roll over to a NEW board with 157 cards.
WHAT IF NOBODY WINS?
- If the card flipped is NOT the Joker a consolation prize of $100 will be paid for each card flipped. Except for the Queen of Hearts. The Queen of Hearts will pay out $1,000 as covered in item #4 above.
- If the card flipped is NOT the Joker the holder will receive the $100 and all the tickets will be cleared from the database and NEW tickets will be sold for the following weeks drawing. TICKETS WILL NOT CARRYOVER FROM ONE WEEK’S DRAWING TO THE NEXT. A NEW TICKET MUST BE PURCHASED FOR EACH WEEK’S DRAWING TO PARTICIPATE.
- If the card number selected using Calculator.net has already been turned we will make a single attempt to call the ticket holder to ask which card they would like to flip.
- If there is a technical issue with the streaming of the drawing we will post the video of the drawing on our YouTube page and make sure to share the video instantly on our Facebook page.
- For group purchases, in the event of a disagreement amongst the purchasers, the only obligation of Shirley’s Way is to issue the prize in the name of the person listed on the winning ticket.
WHAT IF I WIN?
- All WINNERS are responsible for paying the applicable taxes on any prize they win. All prizes over $600.00 will be paid by check and Shirley’s Way will issue the WINNER a W2G, which will require the WINNER to provide her/his social security number. NO prize will be paid until the W2G information is provided. If a WINNER is unwilling to fill out a W2G, the prize will revert back to Shirley’s Way. For prizes of $5,000.00 or greater, Shirley’s Way is required to withhold the IRS backup withholding tax, currently set at 24% per IRS rules and regulations, and KY 5% backup withholding tax.
- Shirley’s Way reserves the right to require any WINNER to complete an affidavit of eligibility prior to payment of any prize. WINNERS will be required to Facetime or email Shirley’s Way a copy of an ID matching the name on the ticket.
12.To claim a winning prize, the purchaser must provide a valid government-issued identification to prove they are the person in our gaming ticket database.
THE FINE PRINT
- Any ticket purchased and returned to Shirley’s Way for play shall become the sole property of Shirley’s Way and the WINNER waives any right to possession of the ticket.
- All WINNERS agree that their image and identity may be used by Shirley’s Way for advertising purposes or any other lawful purpose without compensation.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to play. If a WINNER is not 18 years of age or older the prize is forfeited and shall revert to Shirley’s Way.
- Shirley’s Way reserves the right to list any WINNER on any subsequent advertising, into perpetuity, without compensation.
- Shirley’s Way reserves the right to discard any online purchase if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the purchase may have been affected by hacking, security breaches, bugs or any other type of online tampering. Such purchase may be discarded and ruled ineligible after a winning draw only upon good cause and within 48 hours of the drawing. Due to the nature of online ticket purchases. It is possible but unlikely that we could have a duplicate ticket situation. This could happen if 2 people purchase tickets at the same exact time. The digital ticketing tool assigns ticket numbers as they are purchased. We often have a large number of tickets purchased at the very last minute which could cause a duplicate ticket situation. If a duplicate ticket is selected we will enter into a “Showdown”. The “Showdown” numbers on our list are directly to the left of the first names on our list of tickets. We will place the “Showdown” numbers in Calculator.net. and a winner will be selected from the identified duplicate ticket holders. See the Example in the graphic below. Our “Showdown” numbers are highlighted in red. The numbers 8-11 are just for illustration in this example and could be different numbers during the actual drawing. IE: 8 (lower limit) and 11 (upper limit) would be entered in Caluculator.net and a winner would be generated.
- This contest is only valid in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. This contest is void where prohibited by law.
- All tickets purchased will be entered into the Shirley’s Way donation database so Shirley’s Way can communicate about upcoming drawings and specials.
- The winner need not be present to win.
21.#HAFF, #goHAFF, and any other version of HAFF is defined as half the pot. Half was not available when we began our drawings to we selected HAFF